Re: [Xen-users] (no subject)

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] (no subject)
From: Larry Ing <larry@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 15:46:41 -0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 15:48:12 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Earlier I posed this question:

"My Dom0 kernel is having issues detecting the SVM capabilities of my
CPU.  Non-Xen kernels are able to see the capability just fine and I
can't figure out why the Dom0 cannot.  I have an Opteron 6128 running on
an ASUS KGPE-D16.  I know the SVM capabilities are enabled in the bios.
I assume this problem is kernel related.  What in the kernel do I need
to set such that /proc/cpuinfo lists SVM.  I am running a gentoo-dom0
kernel."

I have found that "xm dmesg | grep xvm" is indeed showing SVM is enabled
while "grep svm /proc/cpuinfo" is now.  Will this pose a problem or will
Windows guests be able to run just fine?