[Xen-users] Debian Sarge, Xen 4.0, and no independent_wallclock

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Debian Sarge, Xen 4.0, and no independent_wallclock
From: Simon Hobson <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 15:45:37 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 07:46:50 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm in the process of upgrading some of my servers - Debian Sarge, Xen 4.0, and the 2.6.32 -xen kernels.

It seems /proc/sys/xen/independent_wallclock is gone (my searches came up with that much), but what I've not been able to find out is whether the facility to run a PV guest with independent wallclock has gone altogether or if I need to enable it in a different manner.

I have one machine which runs an NTP server for the rest of the network/systems - and under the previous setup (Host & Guest both Lenny running a 2.6.18-xen kernel from Etch, Xen 3) I turned on independent_wallclock. It's running running NTP under the new setup which appears to be syncing the DomU clock - but is that sufficient ? Will it break anything ?

--
Simon Hobson