Re: [Xen-users] Error of building dom0 kernel

On Wed, Jul 6, 2011 at 9:07 PM, John Liu <bradevuu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Todd,
>
> I will compile dom0 using other Linux distributions(e.g, Fedora) to see if
> it works. I referenced those threads you mentioned, but seems no final
> solution. One possible cause related to hardware is I use a new type of DELL
> OPTIPLEX 790. It's very weird that when installing Ubuntu9 and 10, the
> screen is totally messed up so that I can only install Ubuntu8(11.04 is too
> new).
>
> Also the error of intel-agp.c is common which can be seen in dozens of
> threads, and I'm not sure replacing it with another intel-agp.c is a
> standard way.

Which kernel did you use?

I just tried with
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git ,
xen/stable-2.6.32.x, with some additional patches*, and it works for
me, so you should be able to try that.

--
Fajar

*The additional patch is basically a diff between kernel 2.6.32.41 and
kernel 2.6.32.42, which you can create yourself, or see
http://pastebin.com/306FFfhT . It should not matter for intel-agp.c
problem as the patch doesn't change it, and I was able to build it
successfully (I use CONFIG_AGP_INTEL=y).