Re: [Xen-users] http-traffic rejected, domU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] http-traffic rejected, domU
From: Markus Plessing <info@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 11:29:41 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 02:33:30 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi list,

responding for the archives.

Several parallel issues (as ever) lead to the behaviour I faced with.

DNS requests were rejected, IMAP and HTTP requests also.

DNS and IMAP were responsive from localhost, http not ... humm.

The main problem has been solved by setting a 0 for alle entries
of /proc/sys/net/bridge/bridge-nf-call-*

The problem with IMAP was a DNS issue, in not resolving the correct sub-sub-domain, redirecting the requests to our main internet-server (because of the tld); Fixed with corrected dns-entries for bind9.

The next issue was, that the webserver was rejecting any connection attempt, also a localhost connection could not be established. Found out, that it listens only to ipv6-addresses, editing the apache.conf to Listen 0.0.0.0:80 resolved this problem. (There was no Listen directive at all for the apache2 config, so arp did a guess)

Have a nice week :-D