Re: [Xen-users] Xen - Linux PV on HVM drivers

On Thu, Jun 23, 2011 at 7:25 AM, Alex <alex@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> interestingly enough I have just been able to rule out it being a version
> issue. I have 2 VPS's with the same company. both appear to be running Xen
> 3.4.3. I booted the debian 6 installer CD and jumped out to a shell during
> the install. It looks like it was able to detect and load the PV on HVM
> drivers ok.

So most likely is kernel issue :)

> back to the dawing board it is then...
>

> On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 09:05:33 +1000, Alex wrote:
>>
>> The linux image server package you're describing, is just the stock
>> kernel that ships with Ubuntu server?

Yes, although linux-image-server is just the metapackage.
The actual package with the kernel is linux-image-2.6.38-8-server
See http://packages.ubuntu.com/natty/linux-image-2.6.38-8-server

--
Fajar

>> root@srv:~# apt-cache search linux-image-server
>> linux-image-server - Linux kernel image on Server Equipment.
>>
>> root@srv:~# apt-get install linux-image-server
>> Reading package lists... Done
>> Building dependency tree
>> Reading state information... Done
>> linux-image-server is already the newest version.

What's on your /boot? It should already be there, ready to use.

--
Fajar