[Xen-users] newbie to xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] newbie to xen
From: bofh <goodb0fh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2011 17:44:17 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 14:45:26 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=VLVMKW+7BAGYbS0tm29bgsMzSTbeYBTu3kXj1sXyxZM=; b=rJGfW/m6nv35ijfWJ5xvPCmytkIHXQD+zWL2vWzLx0W7MN7H3vsvk4E2XDtGfdsncw yfbHNICNbSbzDKPZKSAArnvzisVVWQAz23dP64KrnYO0LIh5KF3BJssOI5szTNxGJ74l U1NPEo5VY0ysuPZ6MNw6VHnGOES2q2uf7PEsI=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sorry if this is noise.  I have used xen in the past, went to vmware,
and now want to try xen again.  I have a Lenovo W510.  I will be
running Ubuntu server 11.04 (unless everyone here agrees that Debian
6.01 is better!  *grin*)

I just did a search for ubuntu and xen as well as natty and xen, and
the most authoritative documentation I found was:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Xen

I know with the recent kernel changes, things are in flux.  What is
the best way to run xen on ubuntu/debian?

My preference is to use something that's packaged, but I do prefer to
use the current release of xen...  Do I, or don't I have to recompile
the current kernel in 11.04?

Also - how does truecrypt affect this whole setup...? :)

Thanks!

--
http://www.glumbert.com/media/shift
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGvHNNOLnCk