[Xen-users] Re: XCP 1.0: There was an error while attempting to make a r

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: XCP 1.0: There was an error while attempting to make a request from the logical volume.
From: Richad Cernava <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 21:50:34 -0700
Delivery-date: Tue, 24 May 2011 21:51:38 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 10:15 AM, Richad Cernava <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

  Run into a strange issue. My iscsi storage device is reporting "Error: Scanning SR 'VM Store 01' - There was an error while attempting to make a request from the logical volume. The request must come from the master." Also getting lots of error messages in my logs: xenserver-1 xapi: [error|xenserver-1|1353 unix-RPC|SR.scan R:bd775cfb94bc|xapi] Caught error scanning SR (VM Store 01): SR_BACKEND_FAILURE_58: [ ; Logical Volume request must come from master;  ].

  When looking at "xe pbd-list" it shows it as "SRmaster: false;". How do I reset this so the master server is master? I am currently unable to remove the SR or do any thing to it. I've attempted rebooting, switching master. Does not change it.

Any help would be much appreciated!
Richard Cernava

With further testing I've found if I return the master to the original master server the problem resolvs, but I am unable to nomiante a new master with out it returning. I found a post on the Citrix forum that looks like my problem : http://forums.citrix.com/thread.jspa?messageID=1514793&tstart=0

I'm not sure how to apply the patch mentioned on XCP. Lines 818-819 don't seem to mention SRmaster.

After further testing I've come to the conclustion something was corrupted on the slave. I resolved the problem by removing the slave from the pool and readding it. Is there any other way to resyc the pool database with out removing and readding? I attempted "pool-sync-database", but that was inaffective.