[Xen-users] Re: Blank screen (but not frozen) on boot with Xen 4.1 and 2

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Blank screen (but not frozen) on boot with Xen 4.1 and 2.6.38 pv_ops
From: Claudiu Curcă <alexstrasza2@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 13:11:27 +0300
Delivery-date: Thu, 19 May 2011 03:13:08 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date :message-id:subject:from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=neCRsBLbV/aHc9NPqNxNXxP9JiWnJ02IbgySLS6v5Hc=; b=tAKFnNa5hDsdwa83J0IkfC/R6UszZfRx3P4Rl/gyW4wl8a93Y977oUmXh8T4WW3KvI liE3UZlei291kYhw3826veYlm4XhckguQpN+AwC6GEgrit45nLoZAmRQTMsedoDtYNRb nbJNAkgD8XIEUCa35/3gOQAx6sAOiqn9FJpIo=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

As a follow-up, there seems to be a workaround that works for me, at
least, on both 2.6.38 and 2.6.39-rc.

If you compile the framebuffer into your kernel and the kernel loads
it (I compiled the nouveau driver, since I have a nvidia card), the
display shows up as soon as the framebuffer loads.

Strange, though, that the plain-text console doesn't show anything...