Re: [Xen-users] disk devices are always /dev/xvdX

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Fan, Huaxiang <hufan@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Mark,
> I used the domu kernel built from stable/2.6.32.x git branch. It seems only
> accept xvdX. Any workaround you can offer to rename xvdX to sdX? Otherwise,
> we might need to change our codes.

AFAIK there is no way to do that.

What change of code do you mean? If it's OS config files (like grub's
menu.lst, or fstab), then the best practice right now is to use LABEL
or UUID so it doesn't really care what the actual disk names are.

Another approach you can take is to create custom udev rules which
(for example) create a link /dev/sda to /dev/xvda. See existing udev
rules for persistent storage (usually in /etc/udev/rules.d or
/lib/udev/rules.d)

--
Fajar