[Xen-users] XCP with 64-bit dom0?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] XCP with 64-bit dom0?
From: Kannan Vijayan <kvijayan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 17:08:12 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 14:11:59 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

For the last couple weeks or so, I've been pounding away at building a
version of the XCP host tools to run on a 64-bit dom0 (not just a
64-bit kernel, but a full 64-bit tool stack).  I'm starting with the
basic build setup of Centos 5.5 with arch x86_64.  Naturally, I'm
rebuilding a large number of RPM packages from source, and I'm running
into package hell as I try to track down proper 64-bit source versions
of packages, fix build and compile issues, and get up to the point of
being able to build the xapi-libs and xapi packages.

Has anybody else attempted this?  I can't find anything about XCP with
a 64-bit dom0 environment being available for download.  It seems like
the kind of thing somebody would have tried to get going before.

Anybody have advice, help, or thoughts to offer?

Cheers.
-kannan