Re: [Xen-users] kernel 2.6.37 support for xen dom0

On Fri, Apr 01, 2011 at 06:28:47PM +0300, James Dingwall wrote:
>      Kernel 2.6.37 is said to support xen dom0. Does that mean I only need to
>    compile a 2.6.37 kernel and then install the xen software, then I can
>    create domUs?  Thanks!
>

>    You should be able to boot the kernel under Xen >=4.1 but not start a
>    domU.  The kernel.org tree is still missing the backend drivers for key
>    parts such as net and blk.

Yep. Upcoming Linux 2.6.39 includes xen-netback backend driver,
so together with Xen 4.1 (which includes userspace blkback driver),
you're actually able to launch VMs!

See here for progress report/changelog:
http://wiki.xen.org/xenwiki/XenParavirtOps

Note that there are still other missing features aswell from upstream Linux..
like ACPI power management.

-- Pasi