RE: [Xen-users] Slow windows network with gplpv driver.

To: "'John McMonagle'" <johnm@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Slow windows network with gplpv driver.
From: "Dustin Henning" <Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 15:58:37 -0500
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Mar 2011 13:01:03 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
John,
        I am running an 0.9.x version of GPLPV, so forgive me if I am not up
to date on this, but in that version, having more than 1 core significantly
slowed down WindowsXP.  If this is still the case, and if it transfers to
Server 2003, then you might find better performance with 1 core, and if it
shouldn't still be true, then you might have found a new problem with the
GPLPV driver.  Another possibility is that the additional virtual cores are
being pinned to hyperthreads instead of real cores or something.  I am
making these suggestions under the assumption that you know making 4 virtual
cores on 2 real cores host would degrade performance for obvious reasons.
        Dustin