RE: [Xen-users] Max Number of Domains

To: "'Carlos'" <cechevarne@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Max Number of Domains
From: "Peter Ranson" <peter.ranson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 12:31:34 -0000
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 04:33:40 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

Thanks for the response. So after a little more digging, I find this in the xend error log

[2011-03-02 12:24:51 xend.XendDomainInfo 4324] ERROR (XendDomainInfo:219) Domain construction failed

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/xen/xend/XendDomainInfo.py", line 211, in create

    vm.construct()

  File "/usr/lib64/python2.4/site-packages/xen/xend/XendDomainInfo.py", line 1805, in construct

    hvm = hvm)

Error: (12, 'Cannot allocate memory')

Strange thing is that Dom0 has loads of memory free, as does the box. What I do find interesting is that the box is currently using 32GB of RAM …. I read somewhere that Xen only recognizes 32GB?