Re: [Xen-users] [SPAM] used git pull before doing a make dist is it wron

To: Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] [SPAM] used git pull before doing a make dist is it wrong
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <list@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 20:51:02 +0700
Cc: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 05:52:19 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 8:37 PM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I am having problem with my internet connection so what I did is
> downloaded Xen 4.0 tar ball.
> Extracted it in /usr/src
> and there
> Step 1) cd /usr/src/xen-4.0.1
> Step 2) git clone -o xen -n linux-2.6-pvops.git.tmp  linux-2.6-pvops.git
> here I did a make dist
> is this step correct or I missed some thing.
> My problem is internet connection which I can not use again and again
> to pull git tree.

Please refrain from posting the same problem over and over and over
again. It's rude, and will only discourage other people from even
trying to help you.

If for whatever reason "make world" is giving you errors, then don't
use it. Split it into small chunks, like the reply I sent you earlier
(make xen, etc.).

For the kernel part, if "git clone" is giving you problems for
whatever reasons, you can download 2.6.32 tarball from the git page.
Go to
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/xen/stable-2.6.32.x
(or
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/jeremy/xen.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/xen/next-2.6.38
, if you want some newer patches), and click the topmost "snapshot"
link. You can then compile the kernel as usual (make menuconfig, make,
etc.)

--
Fajar