Re: [Xen-users] Strange Problem with Windows GPLPV Drivers

To: Peter Ranson <peter.ranson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Strange Problem with Windows GPLPV Drivers
From: Steve Thompson <smt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 13:42:02 -0500 (EST)
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 10:43:32 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, 26 Feb 2011, Peter Ranson wrote:

I have a host that has 31 VM's running on it, all windows. They are running
the same template, which has the latest GPLPV drivers installed. The problem
occurred today when I went to add the 32nd VM (pretty freaky number!), again
from the same template. Now when the VM boots up I get a BSOD.

Interestingly, I have the same problem, except that I can only get 30 XP VM's to run, and the 31st fails. I'm using gplpv_XP_0.11.0.213 and Xen 3.1 on CentOS 5.5 x86_64; with a much earlier GPLPV version (I forget the exact version, maybe 0.9.12) I did not encounter such a limit. No idea why.

-steve