Re: [Xen-users] how to begin with xen

On Sat, Feb 19, 2011 at 9:55 AM, Randy Katz <rkatz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> one of my machines will not install a vm, just hangs, the other one I was
> able to install successfully and it
> seems to work well, yay! I have a question, I don't see where the node is
> storing the ip address for the VM

It doesn't.

>, not
> in the conf file no where. So please anyone, where is it?

In the default setup with bridge, the host (dom0) simply assigns which
network the VM (domU) will be. The config line is the one that says
"vif". Usually it's the same LAN as eth0. domU can then assign its own
IP address just like any other host on the network. This is similar to
how vmware/virtualbox's bridge networking.

There are ways to change this behaviour (i.e. have the config in dom0,
and have domU is it), but IMHO it's too complicated for you right now.
Search in the list archive if you still want to know.

--
Fajar