Re: [Xen-users] Writing fast in domU crashes entire xen system

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 7:10 PM, moncojhr <moncojhr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I thought using blktap might help it, but i've been unable to get it to
> work...
>
> booting the kernel i just get eventually:
>
> XENBUS: Waiting for devices to initialise: 295s.. then it just fails to boot.
>
> In my config:
>
> disk   = ['tap2:tapdisk:aio:/root/testvm/disks/test.img,xvda1,w']
>
> cat /sys/class/blktap2/devices
> 0 aio:/root/testvm/disks/test.img
>
> looks like it was working?

It works fine for me.
You can try testing it manually first (see
http://lxr.xensource.com/lxr/source/tools/blktap2/README, find
"tapdisk2 -n"). If it works, you should be able to mount the device
(shown after you run the command) on dom0.

If it doesn't work, you can try tap:aio, which should work for all Xen
versions (and still better than file:)

--
Fajar