Re: [Xen-users] Problem using xm suspend / xm save

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Problem using xm suspend / xm save
From: "develop@xxxxxxxxxx" <develop@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 16:23:43 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 07:23:11 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ok, I found it in the documentation. If someone else has the same problem in the future: Here is the solution:

- Do not start the domain with "xm create", use
  -> "xm new" to start the lifecycle-support for the domain and then
  -> "xm start" to start the domain.

Then "xm suspend" works fine.

Remark: "xm new" needs the python-xml-Package, so please "aptitude -y install python-xml" on lenny.

Martin