Re: [Xen-users] Yet another question about multiple NICs

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Yet another question about multiple NICs
From: Philippe Combes <Philippe.Combes@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 13:45:41 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 04:46:53 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Simon Hobson wrote :

That looks just like mine.

That's exactly why I'm banging my head against the wall :)

This is just a bit of a hunch, but if you are still having the problem, can you do this :

At the other network device, run "arp -an" and see what MAC address is reported for the device (Dom0 or DomU) that's pinging it. Do this twice, when one is working, and when the other is working - the entries you are interested in are the ones for the IPs of your Dom0 and DomU

I ping'ed both IPs from another machine on the LAN (the one which eth1's are connected to). As expected, the MAC addresses stored in the ARP table is the one of the working device (physical or virtual).

Also, I assume you have checked that the Dom0 and DomU are getting different IPs haven't you ?

Sure. And there is no other machine with the same IPs on the LAN. And I did not use the same IPs when the dom0 ran CentOS.

Thanks, and any idea still welcome !
Philippe