Re: [Xen-users] Hypervisor hangs on startup

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Hypervisor hangs on startup
From: Arno Toell <at@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 11:39:46 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 02:41:32 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I managed to get the serial terminal working. This is what I get from
the hypervisor:

> (XEN) Xen version 4.0.1 (Debian 4.0.1-1) (waldi@xxxxxxxxxx) (gcc version
> 4.4.5 20100824 (prerelease) (Debian 4.4.4-11) ) Fri Sep  3 15:38:12 UTC 2010
>
> (XEN) Bootloader: GRUB 1.98+20100804-10
>

> (XEN) Command line: console=com2
>

> (XEN) Video information:
>

> (XEN)  VGA is text mode 80x25, font 8x16
>

> (XEN)  VBE/DDC methods: none; EDID transfer time: 0 seconds
>

> (XEN)  EDID info not retrieved because no DDC retrieval method detected
>

> (XEN) Disc information:
>

> (XEN)  Found 1 MBR signatures
>

> (XEN)  Found 1 EDD information structures
>

> (XEN) Xen-e820 RAM map:
>

> (XEN)  0000000000000000 - 00000000000a0000 (usable)
>

> (XEN)  0000000000100000 - 000000007f679000 (usable)
>

> (XEN)  000000007f679000 - 000000007f68f000 (reserved)
>

> (XEN)  000000007f68f000 - 000000007f6ce000 (ACPI data)
>

> (XEN)  000000007f6ce000 - 0000000080000000 (reserved)
>

> (XEN)  00000000e0000000 - 00000000f0000000 (reserved)
>

> (XEN)  00000000fe000000 - 0000000100000000 (reserved)
>

> (XEN)  0000000100000000 - 0000000c80000000 (usable)
>

> (XEN) ACPI: RSDP 000F0A90, 0024 (r2 DELL  )
>

> (XEN) ACPI: XSDT 000F0B94, 009C (r1 DELL   PE_SC3          1 DELL        1)
>

> (XEN) ACPI: FACP 7F6B3F9C, 00F4 (r3 DELL   PE_SC3          1 DELL        1)
>

> (XEN) ACPI: DSDT 7F68F000, 3D5A (r1 DELL   PE_SC3          1 INTL 20050624)
>

> (XEN) ACPI: FACS 7F6B6000, 0040
>

> (XEN) ACPI: APIC 7F6B3478, 015E (r1 DELL   PE_SC3          1 DELL        1)
>

> (XEN) ACPI: SPCR 7F6B35D8, 0050 (r1 DELL   PE_SC3          1 DELL        1)
>

> (XEN) ACPI: HPET 7F6B362C, 0038 (r1 DELL   PE_SC3          1 DELL        1)
>

> (XEN) ACPI: DMAR 7F6B3668, 01C0 (r1 DELL   PE_SC3          1 DELL        1)
>

> (XEN) ACPI: MCFG 7F6B38C4, 003C (r1 DELL   PE_SC3          1 DELL        1)
>

> (XEN) ACPI: WD__ 7F6B3904, 0134 (r1 DELL   PE_SC3          1 DELL        1)
>

> (XEN) ACPI: SLIC 7F6B3A3C, 0024 (r1 DELL   PE_SC3          1 DELL        1)
>

> (XEN) ACPI: ERST 7F692EDC, 0270 (r1 DELL   PE_SC3          1 DELL        1)
>

> (XEN) ACPI: HEST 7F69314C, 03A8 (r1 DELL   PE_SC3          1 DELL        1)
>

> (XEN) ACPI: BERT 7F692D5C, 0030 (r1 DELL   PE_SC3          1 DELL        1)
>

> (XEN) ACPI: EINJ 7F692D8C, 0150 (r1 DELL   PE_SC3          1 DELL        1)
>

> (XEN) ACPI: SRAT 7F6B3BC0, 0370 (r1 DELL   PE_SC3          1 DELL        1)
>

> (XEN) ACPI: TCPA 7F6B3F34, 0064 (r2 DELL   PE_SC3          1 DELL        1)
>

> (XEN) ACPI: SSDT 7F6B7000, 43F4 (r1  INTEL PPM RCM  80000001 INTL 20061109)
>

> (XEN) System RAM: 49142MB (50321508kB)
>

> (XEN) Domain heap initialised DMA width 32 bits
>

> (XEN) Processor #16 7:10 APIC version 21
>

> (XEN) Processor #0 7:10 APIC version 21
>

> (XEN) Processor #18 7:10 APIC version 21
>

> (XEN) Processor #2 7:10 APIC version 21
>

> (XEN) Processor #20 7:10 APIC version 21
>

> (XEN) Processor #4 7:10 APIC version 21
>

> (XEN) Processor #22 7:10 APIC version 21
>

> (XEN) Processor #6 7:10 APIC version 21
>

> (XEN) Processor #17 7:10 APIC version 21
>

> (XEN) Processor #1 7:10 APIC version 21
>

> (XEN) Processor #19 7:10 APIC version 21

> [...]

Nothing but the last line seem suspicious to me. As said, I'll happily
provide you debug information, if you tell me what exactly you do need.

- --
mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Arno Töll, BSc.
GnuPG Key-ID: 0x8408D4C4

Wavecon GmbH | Frankenstrasse 9 | 90762 Fuerth
Web: wavecon.de | Mail + Jabber at@xxxxxxxxxx