Re: [Xen-users] Network problems

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,<thepcguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Network problems
From: "Brent Alcorn" <Brent.Alcorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 13:30:10 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 10:30:24 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Patrick,

Are you using the traditional network interface or the network manager?  In my
experience It will make a difference; leave it as traditional.

I set my system up using the "traditional" method and it works great.

Regards,
Brent

>>> "Patrick Lefebvre"  12/15/10 1:06 PM >>>
I am trying to set up Xen on SLES 10 SP3
I installed SLES without problems. Everything worked and I had normal
network access.

After that, I installed Xen and tools from Yast2
Everything installed normally.

However, when I restart the system with Xen, I lose all network
connectivity.
Everything in the logs show the interfaces as loading normally (logs,
Dmesg, ifconfig etc)
All the interfaces seem to come up, but DHCP gets no address and there
is no connectivity.
I can set a static IP, the interface loads normally, I can ping it's IP
address locally without error, but I cannot ping anything on the
network.
Which tells me the interface actually DOES come up... but it just cannot
connect for some reason.

If I restart on the "normal" kernel without Xen... everything comes back
to normal with the network working properly.
I reboot under Xen... no network.

I tried following instructions on how to set up a bounded interface.
Same thing... works on normal kernel, no access under Xen.

What am I missing???
I'm getting pretty frustrated...
please help.
Thanks.