From: "Joe Linoff" <jlinoff@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2010 14:58:14
To: Vern Burke<vburke@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Joe Linoff<jlinoff@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] which port do i use to connect to my XCP 0.5 server?

Hi Vern:

Thank you for your quick reply. I apologize for not being clear in my
problem statement.

I am able to successfully run xe from the XCP server (no port) but I am
unable to run it from the master on the network. The master is not an
XCP. It is a CentOS 5.5 workstation.

I installed xe on the master and tried to run this:

  % xe help
  Failed to contact a running XenServer management agent.
  Try specifying a server name and port.
  <snipped>

I then tried that but was stumped at the port. After hunting through
previous emails I found a reference to port 443 but then I assumed that
since it was a default, xe would figure out so I tried this:

  % xe help -s <IP-address> -pw <password>
  Error: Connection reset by peer (calling read )

At that point I was stumped. I thought that the problem was occurring
because of a bad port. It appears that is not the case. Do you have any
idea what the problem might be?

Cheers,

Joe