RE: [Xen-users] Automatically provisioning IP addresses on a new VM

To: "'James Harper'" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Andrew White'" <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Automatically provisioning IP addresses on a new VM
From: "Dustin Henning" <Dustin.Henning@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 10:07:49 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 07:10:00 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Couldn't it be even simpler?  Couldn't these providers have one or
two spare DomUs for each OS configured and available, making only the
assignment process automated (if even it is)?  I'm not saying that's how
they do it, but 5 minutes seems like an awfully quick deployment for
something that doesn't already exist (I would think copying the image could
take longer than that unless it was pretty basic).
        Dustin