[Xen-users] dom0 kernel config question

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] dom0 kernel config question
From: Olga Gelbart <olgagel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 11:02:52 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 08:05:15 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:mime-version:received:from:date :message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=CzyjTbY30kNpMNPj/kZXo5nzDsYmIom/QEKP8PGyh+E=; b=OjDLu8mnSpjnxYuTCaBuy6uOONU5+6mhoAmV/2HZwhG1jqlAN6VZ5CYCcJrqBzCjoc e/GC6XcBcxlSGOWfygAlFFTp4BF/ifpIZhx4cRvyU2tNiTpR9wy7C0fdq6jtL2/Vkyi4 6ajmRB2PMjoSfGbYh18nlxC5VeKfV0TaVWlW4=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone encountered this problem before.
I am currently running Fedora 13 (2.6.34.7) and am following the instructions for Fedora 13 Xen 4.0 tutorial on xen.org.
I've downloaded and checked out the 2.6.32.25 kernel from xen.git to compile it for dom0. I have also downloaded an existing .config file for this kernel. Here is where it gets strange. I need make a couple of changes to this .config file, as follows:
CONFIG_TCG_TPM=y (I changed it to 'm')
CONFIG_TCG_TIS=y (I changed it to 'm')
I then ran make oldconfig, after which the above options where changed back to 'y'!
I decided to run make menuconfig and loaded the (again) modified config file. After I was done with all the changes, the options above where changed to 'y' again. It seems that no matter what I do, I can't get the .config file with the configuration I want. I even tried to just modify the config file, then run make bzImage (without running make oldconfig or menuconfig at all). Still the .config file is modified!
I compiled this version of the kernel under Ubuntu and CentOS before, and never had this problem. Could this be a Fedora issue or something else?
Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Olga