RE: [Xen-users] GPLPV Uninstall = 0x7b Bluescreen

To: "chris" <tknchris@xxxxxxxxx>, "Andy Burns" <xen.lists@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] GPLPV Uninstall = 0x7b Bluescreen
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 10:03:19 +1100
Cc: Xen-Users List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sat, 30 Oct 2010 16:06:18 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Why wouldn't the installer backup and restore the keys it touches

Simply restoring the keys as they were would be dangerous as it ignores
subsequent installations of other applications that might also modify
the keys.

The WiX installer (and most installers I guess) work on the principle
that uninstallation is simply reversal of installation which works well
normally but I think that driver installation/uninstallation misses some
of the keys I add in the .inf file manually.

James