[Xen-users] The problem about Windows live migration

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] The problem about Windows live migration
From: "xudongxen" <xudongxen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 17:34:52 +0800
Cc: xudong Li <xudongxen@xxxxxxx>, 'Yuzhong Sun' <yuzhongsun@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 02:37:03 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

We met a problem on Windows live migration handing. We use Xen 3.3’s full virtualization mode to create and migrate the Windows VMs based on QEMU. The error information is as follows:

1) log said the migration was successful. However, that migrated VM on the destination hanged wherein CPU utilization kept about 48%.

2) Using XenTrace, found that the loop consisting of three events as follows:

Event 1: VMEXIT by io instruction;

Event2: VMEXIT by acpi accesses;

Event3: VMEXIT by virtual interrupt.

We guess that acpi support in Xen qemu-dm was not compatible with Windows in the migration process.

Would you have any suggestions?

We also took a look at the below discussions as follows:

Many thanks!

Li xudong

2010-10-27

xudongxen