[Xen-users] xm console stability

To: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] xm console stability
From: Jonathan Tripathy <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 12:29:35 +0100
Delivery-date: Sat, 02 Oct 2010 04:30:35 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Everyone,

Is anyone aware of any stability issues regarding xm console, especially when accessed by multiple users?

I created a setup where I ha a "front end" proxy server, which users ssh'ed into. This front end server then ssh'ed to the correct Xen node (using the same ssh key for all users). In the morning, the 2 servers that I was trailing the system out on were chocking to death (not sure why, as CPU was nearly idle...), and eventually when I tried to do something resource intensive (like image a new DomU using dd), the Dom0s just crashed and both servers needed a reboot. This happened on both of the servers...

Any ideas?

Using Xen 3.4.3 running on Centos 5.5 Dom0.

Thanks