Fwd: [Xen-users] updating xenlinux kernel for dom 0

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Fwd: [Xen-users] updating xenlinux kernel for dom 0
From: kibirango moses <kibsmoses@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 18:16:35 +0300
Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 08:17:47 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=DO+E7KmcI0OW+SVPKI4UCuJr1Dc0Gvu8YxG9MTBIveU=; b=MXTpL6Jrd0MEahQGYwZ2NbrUcuY8TjuqkVAKdSIjCsIoInN0O4Ozdmmdc8SHGbbPJz zlANautt06zC3QHUQ8Gl/n0Fwzu7UibHl6Ao7s+e4VJpcQ/uQYIswZLej4RFFH6IF3nR ZSvotna8MuK/oCUXX8j2pcy+Vm+NScb7KMQpA=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Very grateful for the reply.

But the condition is to install a slackware 13 dom U Xen guest since we are using slackware as the standard in our server farm .  And xen kernel has issues of not booting with lilo and grub by default with 2.6.27 .I wanted to try out  kernel version 2.6.34.4 might seam to work since  Currently (as of May 2010) patches and Xen dom0 kernel packages exist up to Linux 2.6.34 (Xen dom 0 kernel rebased OpenSUSE xen-patches), and further more how would someone apply these patches to upgrade the old kernel 2.6.27 to 2.6.34.4

Any advice on this is highly welcome and appreciated

What is the best way of creating a VM in xenserver 5.6 which uses the XE commands other than the previous XM .Is it by xen guest template or starting a fresh installation ?. (Since i am new to XS5.6 and i have got no VM template).

Where can i find xen guest templates for slackware 13 or what linux distro can i use in order to modify  and have my slackware dom U guest OS

 Could somebody out there who has gone through the exercise  help with a procedure for installation of a linux guest VM

Thanx
Moses