Re: [Xen-users] how to install pv driver for guest os?

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 12:16 PM, ma qiang <maqiang1984@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>    I have failed when I restart domU as the link.
>    Is there some official introduction about that?

Did you what I suggested on your previous thread? The correct link for
PV drivers on HVM domU should be http://pastebin.com/fb6fe631 , and if
you have a HVM domU already running then all modification is done on
domU side.

If you follow http://pastebin.com/f6a5022bf then you'd basically
convert it to PV domU. It requires modification on domU side
(installing new package and adjusting some configs) as well as dom0
side (creating new PV domU config).

You need to make sure what is it that you want first: convert HVM to
PV domU, or use PV drivers for HVM domU. Then you need to find the
right instructions for that, making sure you follow it correctly (e.g.
if the example says normal, non-xen, 2-6.18-*.el5 kernel, then don't
attempt to run it for kernel-xen 2-6.18-*.el5xen).

If you still have problems, post the error message you got when
following the instructions. Cause if you got some errors in some part
of it, then most likely you won't be able to restart domU.

--
Fajar