RE: Re: [Xen-users] DomU doesn't boot after adding the vif.

To: Fajar A. Nugraha<fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Re: [Xen-users] DomU doesn't boot after adding the vif.
From: 나제균 <archdoom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 19:34:06 +0900
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 03:37:10 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Some other blogs and sites also say that just input the IP address.

Therefore, I trusted that wiki and have no doubt.

Actually, the reason for using NAT is that I want to run the xorp (virtrual router software) on the domU and dom0.

When I used the virbr0 and xenbr0, the routing protocol runned by xorp did not find each other.

I tcpdumped all the interface on dom0, and thought that the bridge network did somethig strange.

Also, the vifX.0 dose not send or receive any of the packets and acts like a dummy.

So I configured the NAT mode and want the following situation.

|  eth0 ----- vif1.0 ---|------|---eth0   |

      dom0+xorp           dom1+xorp

As you mentioned, I inserted the static MAC address to the 'vif =[ ]' after the IP address.

However, it still does not show the POST screen.

PS) The xen on CentOS is a default package.