Re: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] Requesting Assistance from Intel Enginee

To: "space.time.universe@xxxxxxxxx" <space.time.universe@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: [Xen-devel] Requesting Assistance from Intel Engineers on Intel Integrated Graphics (IGD) VGA Passthrough for Xen 4.0.1-RELEASE and pv-ops dom0 kernel 2.6.32.x
From: Weidong Han <weidong.han@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 21:05:07 +0800
Cc: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "zhang_enming@xxxxxxxxxxx" <zhang_enming@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "teoenming@xxxxxxxxxxx" <teoenming@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <konrad.wilk@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Pasi Kärk
Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 06:06:23 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi En Ming,

Per the screenshot images, IGD passthru looks fine. In my experience, if you can load the driver for IGD, it should work.

I remember you passthru IGD successfully before. Are you using the same platform and image?

I took a look at your config files post in Aug. I noticed a line "memory = 3072" in hvm config file. It's weird to specify this memory size. Pls change it to reasonable memory size, such as 1024, 2048, etc.

Regards,
Weidong

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) 张恩鸣 of Singapore wrote:
Dear James Harper,

I had Xen GPL PV drivers uninstalled but the system was still very unstable.

--
Yours sincerely,

Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) 张恩鸣 Dip(Mechatronics) BEng(Hons)(Mechanical
Engineering)
Citizenship: Singapore Citizen/Singaporean
Facebook account: Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
Facebook link: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000750083982
Facebook photos:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000750083982#!/profile.php?id=100000750083982&v=photos
Facebook videos:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000750083982&v=app_2392950137
Mobile Phone (Starhub pre-paid): +65-8369-2618
Windows Live Messenger: teoenming-at-hotmail.com
Location: Bedok Reservoir Road, Singapore
ZIP: 470103
My Open Letter (Plea for Medical Help/Assistance) to World Leaders (Updated 28
August 2010):-
http://lists.mcs.anl.gov/pipermail/mpich-discuss/2010-August/007811.html
http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/2010-August/295952.html
http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-user/msg_f6a341d9623fda17880159b137c07335.xml
Photo of Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming) 张恩鸣 of Singapore:
http://www.glowfoto.com/viewimage.php?y=2010&m=09&img=13-232647L&t=jpg&rand=5406&srv=img4