[Xen-users] XCP: VM installation in XCP 0.5 is behaving strangely

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] XCP: VM installation in XCP 0.5 is behaving strangely
From: Yueyu Lin <yueyu.lin@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 04:56:44 -0700
Delivery-date: Sun, 22 Aug 2010 04:58:21 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, all
  I'm totally new to XCP, so maybe i misunderstood the documentation.
  I tried to create Debian Squeeze (64-bit) and Ubuntu 10.04 from templates and
install them from network installation.
  For Debian Squeeze (64-bit), I did the followings:

  1. First ssh login into XCP host
  2. xe vm-install template="Debian Squeeze (64-bit)"
new-name-label=lenny-64-netinstall
  Get the UUID from the output
  3. xe vm-param-set uuid=UUID
other-config:install-repository=http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/
  Set the repository as debian US mirror
  4. xe vm-start uuid=UUID

  Then the ssh terminal start to freeze there and it will never prompt anything
as documentation said "install step by step".
  I doubted if the installation can only be done in the physical host, so I
tried to do this in the physical host. But the same
  thing happened.
  After sometime freezing, the prompt returned and gave me nothing. While I run
xe vm-list, the vm's status shows running.
  I'm totally frustrated. I don't what I've missed since I just followed the
manual and saw no error log output.

  Can someone point out where I did wrong?

  Thanks a lot!