Re: [Xen-users] Hi: Newbie intro.

Simon,

That helps a lot.  Much of what you said matches what my impression was,
especially about Dom0.  I think in that case I will make a minimal
distro for that, and keep it simple.  At least until I decide a DomU
might not be adequate in some way, if ever.

With regards to partitioning, I think then what you're saying is that
Dom0 decides what partitions are visible to the DomU, and whether those
partitions are files on a Dom0 partition or if they're partitions on the
same "layer" so to speak.

So just guessing, I'm thinking that Dom0 would be the only thing that
needs to understand RAID/LVM and the DomUs could get by thinking it was
a plain file system.

Another thing:  I have this existing Gentoo, that I'm typing on.  Is
there some way to preserve it, or should I just figure on starting over?
Is there some way to wedge the hypervisor under it, in place?  Is that a
bad idea even if possible, or is it no big deal?

Thanks a lot, you've really helped.

-- Ken.