Re: [Xen-users] multiple streaming servers in a xen cloud

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] multiple streaming servers in a xen cloud
From: "Christopher R. K." <feuerball_@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 10:57:05 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Aug 2010 01:59:53 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Hi there.

Hrrrm, to "redirect" from rtmp to a different port/server, you could use a generic tcp proxy like HAProxy (i think) or tcpproxy or just use iptables with forwarding, or "balance" (http://balance.sourceforge.net/) or just use SSH to forward the traffic.
Google for "linux tcp proxy" should give you a couple of results.

And I agree with the other guy, you shouldn't have critical, or user-sided applications running on a dom0, I think you should also virtualize it off to a own domU.

Hope i was able to help.

Hi,
  I need some help.
This question is not related to Xen but some one on this list may give
me some idea so I am mailing.

I have multiple video streaming servers running on some virtual
machines running on Xen.

For different subdomains.
i.e.
site1.mydomain.com
site2.mydomain.com
site3.mydomain.com
site4.mydomain.com

The front end to the world is apache2 on Dom0

To be able to reach the streaming server I
embed a javascript in HTML pages
as follows
Code:

<embed .....
var="rtmp://site1.my_domain.com"

the problem is the website are many

site1.mydomain.com
site2.mydomain.com
site3.mydomain.com
site4.mydomain.com

each on a separate virtual machine.

Each of these four have their own streaming servers the front end to
each of these four is apache running on Dom0.

If I run rtmp on each of the subdomains (the virtual machines) at a
different port

how will I make sure
a request such as

rtmp://site1.mydomain.com
rtmp://site2.mydomain.com

goes to their respective servers.
from the front end server from Dom0.

What do I need to handle in this case ?

IPTABLES came to mind instantly but from the client browser on
internet when some one requests
rtmp://site1.mydomain.com

how will I make sure this rtmp request is mapped to a port different
than
1935 as there are three other streaming servers which are also to
respond to their respective requests
?

For handling HTTP requests in this case I use Apache Reverse Proxy
but for rtmp requests I am not clear as which direction to proceed.