Re: [Xen-users] Is that common a blktap error?

On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 5:48 AM, <alexander@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I'm trying to start xend on a Debian Lenny, Xen 4.0.

How do you install Xen and the kernel?

> I'm absolutely sure blkdev_tap is enabled in the running kernel.
>
> But if I try to start xend I get the following error and xend doesn't
> start.

I lost track of what combination of Xen and pv_ops kernel worked or
not. If you use pv_ops kernel, Boris usually has a good tutorial, like
http://bderzhavets.wordpress.com/2010/07/08/set-up-xen-4-1-unstable-2-6-32-16-pvops-dom0-on-top-of-ubuntu-10-04-server/

Personally I stick with Xen 4.0 and kernel 2.6.34 + Andrew Lyon's
version of Suse xen kernel patch :
http://code.google.com/p/gentoo-xen-kernel/downloads/list , which has
worked fine for me.

--