[Xen-users] xen vlans in domU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] xen vlans in domU
From: Alexander Kriventsov <avk@xxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 13:39:05 +0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 02:42:06 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello.
I'm trying to use vlan in domU, but have something strange:
I created bridge on eth0. This interface was configured as trunk with vlan 300, 301. I use this bridge in my domU, and I can see tagged packets when run tcpdump in domU. Also I created interface on domU to work with vlan 300. On this interface I see untagged packets in vlan300. And everything looks fine. But when I'm trying to send out packets through interface with vlan300 something happen. On domU in eth0 interface i see that packet was tagged as vlan 300, but on dom0 I see that package doesn't have tag and sending to switch as untagged which is incorrect.

Why does kernel remove tag from outgoing packets?
Is anyone using trunk inside of domU?

I'm using xen 3.4.3 on Centos 5.5 with kernel 2.6.18.

Thanks

--
Alexander Kriventsov