[Xen-users] SUE 3.11 with Xen 4 adding an XP guest OS

To: "'xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] SUE 3.11 with Xen 4 adding an XP guest OS
From: Ken Houtz <k.houtz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 15:02:28 -0400
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 13:21:35 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have Suse 3.11 installed and installed the hypervisor.

 I can bring up Dom0 and use the console to add a XP SP3 VM.

I have converted A XP VMware image using the XenConvert.

I follow the steps:

Create a VM Machine

Select “ I have an Image”

Choose Windows >XP,2000,2003

On the summary screen:

Full virtual method

Name- windowsxp

Hardware-512

Graphics- cirrus logic

Disks ???  this is where I get lost (not the same as VMware)

                I have selected the .vhd file that was converted (sitting on the desktop) and get an error that there is no valid  boot sector.

I have tried every combo I can think of to get it to work.

My lack of Linux use has not helped.

My goal is to get the converted windows machine to run as a Xen VM in the SUSE host.

Any help

Thanks

ken

This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by reply transmission and delete the message. The contents of this message that do not relate to the official business of our company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.