Re: [Xen-users] Guest domain performance collection

To: Andrew Armstrong <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Guest domain performance collection
From: George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 13:04:01 +0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 02:05:49 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:subject:from:to:cc :in-reply-to:references:content-type:date:message-id:mime-version :x-mailer:content-transfer-encoding; bh=0RlOxDsADmScMY6eEbOU3nSdKdihoSYqUz4xKyr6l7w=; b=lStHjymidjZs9/T7KPBGSdQLdn9JsXuLuq9MJE6MY/accf2m3KiWz4UDCGrf+TzLFK RJSGEyLSEZzdQUaQmdMw+yAbNyTDxEXHScHmbZ60fBvOedSC2B0+HYi6172QTtNO8IJz LPblmBFAsIOMrFLTIm+ENd4B5amtbx7sE7x2A=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Well, I solve 1st question by creating a small daemon, which updates
variable in xenstore data/meminfo about every second (simply
write /proc/meminfo). And external scripts calculate actual used memory
value.

PS You can not know real usage from kernel module or hypervisor, because
kernel allocate memory for  disk cache and include it size to used
memory size (and cache eventually use all free memory).