[Xen-users] Xen 4.0.1 rc3 - Performance Update

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen 4.0.1 rc3 - Performance Update
From: Debasish Bose <dbose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 22:23:26 -0700
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 22:24:47 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks a lot. I've used the .deb installer files and after I've changed tap:aio
to file: my, domU (lucid variant) comes up. Great help guys. I love
xen-community.

Now I've some more challenging questions. I'll explore but throwing out there
in the "xen-cloud", if somebody already has faced...

a. Does the vif2=[ 'pdev=peth1,bridge=eth1' ] stuff works in 4.0.1-rc3
(NetChannel 2)

b. If the host machine (quad core) has a quad-port NIC, is it possible (for
performance reason) to run multiple privileged domain and let each of them see
1 of the 4 Ethernet ports.

c. In a traditional model, for PV guests, how to enable VMDq support. Is
`modprobe igb.ko VMDQ=8` enough? How it relates to MSI-X interrupts? I've
downloaded IGB from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/e1000/files/igb%20stable/2.2.9/igb-2.2.9.tar.gz/download
 and reading driver-specific parameters like InterruptThrottleRate etc.  Is
there a special way to build dom0
(config perspective)?
    Do I need to make some tricky modifications to the 'bridge-magic'?

-Thanks
Deb