Re: [Xen-users] Install Ubuntu Server 10 as PV Guest

On Sat, Jun 19, 2010 at 1:59 AM, KC LO <kclo2000@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks!
>

> I have follow the link and download initrd.gz and vmlinuz to create the
> initial ubuntu.cfg and use it to start the installation by xm create -c
> ubuntu.cfg.  I can complete the installation over Internet.  However, after
> installation, how can I start the ubuntu DOMU guest?  What should I change
> on the ubuntu.cfg?

I'd test by running "pygrub -i /path/to/your/domU/disk/image.img"
(adjust the disk image path to your setup, obviously).
If it doesn't return an error, you can simpley comment out kernel,
ramdisk, and extra line on your original config, and add a line

bootloader="/usr/bin/pygrub"

Some peope has concerns about pygrub's potential security problem
since it copies some files from domU to dom0 and run it. So for some
added security measure, once you have pygrub running, you can replace
pygrub with pv-grub by commenting pygrub line and replace it with
something like this

kernel = "/usr/lib/xen/boot/pv-grub-x86_64.gz"
extra = "(hd0,0)/grub/menu.lst"

IMHO problems with pv-grub is harder to diagnose though, so I strongly
suggest you only try pv-grub AFTER you get pygrub working correctly.

--
Fajar