[Xen-users] iptables help

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] iptables help
From: "Jonathan Tripathy" <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:21:40 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 05:23:15 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Everyone,

My Dom0 has a bridge which has its physical NIC added to it. This physical nic is called peth0, and the bridge is called eth0 (fairly standard).

I then launch a DomU, and its virtual interface (as seen by the Dom0) is fw0. I only wish to allow traffic from peth0 to fw0 (and vice-versa). The Dom0 has a default policy of:

iptables -P FORWARD DROP

To try and only allow the above traffic, I try and do:
iptables -I FORWARD -m physdev --physdev-in peth0 --physdev-out fw0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -m physdev --physdev-in fw0 --physdev-out peth0 -j ACCEPT

However those 2 rules don't allow any traffic. The only way I can get it to work is via:

iptables -I FORWARD -m physdev --physdev-in peth0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -m physdev --physdev-out peth0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -m physdev --physdev-in fw0 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -m physdev --physdev-out fw0-j ACCEPT

However those arn't secure really

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks