Re: [Xen-users] Supported Distros

On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 4:02 PM, Jonathan Tripathy <jonnyt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> After the experience with my Ubuntu Dom0 locking up with Xen, I wish to try
> an OS that supports Xen officially. Can anyone recomend a really good OS for
> Xen? (Other than CentOS please). One that is rock solid as this will
> eventually be used in a hosting environment

Part of the reason  why RHEL/Centos is rock solid is because it uses a
mature, well-tested version of Xen (3.1.+) while at the same time
actively maintaining it with bug fixes+kernel drivers. AFAIK no other
distro has that. It also makes it easy for virtualization control
panels (like HyperVM

SLE/Opensuse can be a good candidate, has newer Xen version, and seems
to be actively maintained.

Others have also use Debian, with the catch that i386 seems to be
buggier while amd64 seems stable (see list archive).

--
Fajar