Re: [Xen-users] cent os domu creation problem

On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is a working domu cfg file
> http://pastebin.com/Kzvghk9e
>
> This is the file created based on above
> http://pastebin.com/5ZXqk6xp

No it's not.
It's not what I suggest you use, and it's not like the working config
that you have.
For example, "vif = [ 'type=ioemu," is only valid on HVM domU. And
even then you shouldn't use it.

> Step 6) Also in DomU that is CentOS we are trying to install
>
> vnc=1
> vnclisten="0.0.0.0"
> vncpasswd='a'

Those are for HVM domU.
I made an error in my suggestion earlier. For PV domU, it should be
something like
vfb=['vnc=1,vnclisten=0.0.0.0']

> Step 7) To start installation did
> xm create /etc/xen/centos.cfg -c
>
> After some minutes there was an error Hotplug scripts not working.

Why don't you start with actually using the config I suggested, plus
the change in vfb

#---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-xen-install"
ramdisk = "/boot/initrd-xen-install"
extra = " text"
name = "centos5"
memory = "1024"

disk        = [
                'phy:/dev/virtualization/centos5-disk,xvda,w',
                'phy:/dev/virtualization/centos5-swap,xvdb,w',
            ]

vif = [ 'mac=00:16:3E:2D:B5:80']
vfb=['vnc=1,vnclisten=0.0.0.0']
vcpus=1
on_poweroff='destroy'
on_reboot = 'destroy'
on_crash = 'destroy'

Also make sure you have correct LV names. First you said it was
"centos5-disk", and then you say "lvcreate --name domu3-root --size
98G virtualization", but your pasted config says
"'phy:/dev/virtualization/ocw-disk'"

--
Fajar