[Xen-users] PCI Passthrough problems with DVR PCI card

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] PCI Passthrough problems with DVR PCI card
From: Jan Češčut <Jan.Cescut@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2010 19:52:43 +0200
Accept-language: sl-SI
Acceptlanguage: sl-SI
Delivery-date: Sun, 16 May 2010 10:54:12 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello,

I'm running CentOS as Dom0 with Xenified kernel 2.6.18.8. I'm having problems with assigning the PCI Video DVR card to a HVM guest running Windows XP. In Dom0 the Video card  is detected as:

07:00.0 Multimedia controller: Philips Semiconductors SAA7146 (rev 01).

In WinXP drivers are successfully installed but when I try to run the DVR software (CheateauXP) the guest crashes and after a minute there is a softlockup on CPU#1, follows a softlockup on CPU#2 etc.

I had to add guestdev=07:00.0 reassign_resources in grub menu, otherwise there was an error (non-page-aligned MMIO BAR found) when starting the HVM guest.

I'm running out of ideas here.

Have a nice day,

Jan