RE: [Xen-users] Status Debian Squeeze, Xen

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Status Debian Squeeze, Xen
From: Mike Viau <viaum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 09:26:34 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 May 2010 06:27:55 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Tue, 11 May 2010 11:50:29 +0200 <rolf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> Im running xen on squeeze with 2.6.32-4-xen-amd64 and xen 3.4.3-rc3 from official debian packages.
>
> This works fine for PV, but HVM seems to lack.
>
> Anyone knows the status for this in Debian? I saw something about a maintainer not wanting to maintain the HVM(security etc) bit so he ditched it.

Yes I heard this was the case as well, but it only applys to the xen hypervisor and tools packages. You could compile 3.4.3 yourself and use squeeze with 2.6.32-4-xen-amd64 kernel.

This should get you HVM functionality.

-M

Win a $10,000 shopping spree from Hotmail! Enter now Enter now