Re: [Xen-users] 2 node - failover cluster

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] 2 node - failover cluster
From: Jean Baptiste FAVRE <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 11:08:55 +0200
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 02:10:10 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

DRBD and GlusterFS are not on the same level: you can have a DRBD resource formatted with GlusterFS. In your situation, you'll have a DRBD resource formatted with either EXT FS or NTFS. I'm afraid GlusterFS won't help you here.

Regarding live migration, use of DRBD (or centralized storage, which you don't have) is mandatory.

regarding failover cluster, either use Remus with Xen4 or build a cluster with thing s like Pacemaker/Corosync/Heartbeat so that you can monitor VMs and automagically restart them in case of node failure.

VLAN support should be done on Dom0, IMHO.

Regards,
JB