[Xen-users] Xen 4.0 - No console prompt after booting domU but functiona

To: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen 4.0 - No console prompt after booting domU but functional SSH
From: Antoine Benkemoun <antoine.benkemoun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:16:24 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 01:18:02 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:from:date:received :message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=fWYZAlwBGkyR91cfp7r5cAatQvQ7SsaGiBpwYJYKNPs=; b=Y0OFiEZpTuOPA4b1wdg/S2cJ1M1tFiMRNiglXLX0OUxTK/zLDb3txpgqDM8Ngs69/x irW34I/+5xT5C+OPXc+UZnSZXFcxggqC4a+ywz+s0gDxk76LWoDzoPOMGAmBnWOv4mu+ AwoX6ectIj+Fc5SGweoEl0VG0yAT/EFrzgXRc=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello xen-users !

I am coming for help concerning the just released 4.0 version. Install has worked rather well on my Debian Lenny. I have just had a few bugs for which I have found the answer looking around on this list.

I have created a Debian Lenny domU which boots up just fine. The only problem is that I am unable to get a console prompt when using "xm console nameofdomU". I do see all the startup stuff but I see no login prompt. If I connect to the domU via SSH, it work perfectly fine.

I have tried adding the following line to the domU configuration file which used to work fine in Xen 3.2 but with no success :

extra       = 'xencons=tty1, clocksource=jiffies'

I have also tried with tty instead of tty1 but that doesn't change anything.

Am I missing something ?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Antoine Benkemoun