Re: [Xen-users] OpenBSD as XEN domU on Linux dom0 without HVM

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] OpenBSD as XEN domU on Linux dom0 without HVM
From: Fabiano Francesconi <fabiano.francesconi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 00:01:52 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 15:03:27 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:date:from:to:subject :message-id:mail-followup-to:references:mime-version:content-type :content-disposition:in-reply-to:user-agent; bh=IL9x1sOeI5FQXcOV86ySOqOQnE8qZBAKFAB35a6X3SQ=; b=YNp4WiMXMddBSxeqgES81AuR392jF2P2Chrcx8K2sJkfxgo0ix/qME1hBuAgnICamS oPA/mlX2Bc42jptFJkB76re4LNhocUZZx20gaRL/6XfpNSRZyyvxL19qXKFI/smfDfQw 1zhFtHrH2yW3S0bramjc7vewNsFdC5xJAvAuY=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 01:47:14PM -0600, Nick Couchman wrote:
> I do not see any indication that OpenBSD has a Xen-aware kernel available.
> It looks like running OpenBSD on Xen requires HVM.
>
> -Nick

> wrote:
> > I think the title says it all.
> >
> > I'm wondering about installing OpenBSD as DomU onto my XEN-3 dom0 that's
> > running Gentoo/Linux (x86).
> >
> > My CPU doesn't support any VT so it should run only para-virtualizing
> > the devices.
> >
> > Has anyone any experience with that? Is it possible?
> > How are the performances?
> >
> > I read about poor performance (but the thread was dated 2008 so I guess
> > something has changed so far).
> >
> > Thank you.
>

> --------
> This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
> of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are
> not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient,
> please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR)
> Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly
> prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using
> this message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received
> this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this
> e-mail and delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in
> this message that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither
> endorsed by nor attributable to SEAKR.

What about the other *BSD?

I guess there's no way to boot a BSD kernel without HVM, then :(
--
Fabiano Francesconi [GPG key: 0x81E53461]