Re: [Xen-users] how to access 4 application servers web based

To: Tapas Mishra <mightydreams@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] how to access 4 application servers web based
From: Thomas Halinka <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 16:28:29 +0200
Cc: Xen List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 07:29:44 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Tapas,

Am Montag, den 12.04.2010, 18:01 +0530 schrieb Tapas Mishra:
> I read a lot of blog and tutorials about name based and IP based
> hostings and also about mod_proxy.
> But I am unable to do.
> Here is what I am trying to do.
> I have a webserver on public IP.Which is running Xen on it.
>
> There are 4 Guest Operating systems installed on top of Dom0
> which are Dom1,Dom2,Dom3,Dom4
>  These are  application servers which are going to serve the requests
> that come from the main server.Which is Dom0.
>
> I right now have no clue.
> All I see is "It works" on all 4 of the hosts.
> On my LAN on any machine on same subnet if I do
> [url]http://Ip[/url] of Domu1
> message comes
> [code]
> It Works
> [/code].
> Same thing happens with remaining 3 DomU's.
> [url]http://IP[/url] of DomU2
> [url]http://Ip[/url] of Domu3
> [url]http://Ip[/url] of Domu4
> in browser from LAN gives me a message
> [code]
> It works.
> [/code]
> What do I need to do on Dom0 so that requests are forwarded to the
> appropriate DomUs apache2 is running on all of them including Dom0.
> Should I configure a DNS on Dom0 Xen machine.
> Since it has a public IP and remaining are DomU's?
> I had setup squid and IPTABLES.For an experiment  I  have to do
> without squid or IPTABLES.

If you dont want to use a (reverse-)proxy, a load-balancer or iptables
and only have 1 Public-IP, there s no chance to accomplish this task,
since your domUs have "private"-IPs which are _NOT_ routed to the
internet.

i would suggest to become familiar pound/nginx or lvs/iptables.

cu,

thomas