Re: [Xen-users] XCP, Xen Cloud Control System 0.1 released

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XCP, Xen Cloud Control System 0.1 released
From: Niels Dettenbach <nd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 10:37:13 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 01:39:06 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wednesday 07 April 2010 14:25:34 Vern Burke wrote:
> I wrote this because I don't have a large staff and being mobile is
> critical for me. This means that I have to be able to do most if not all
> of my admin work from my BlackBerry smartphone. That's the beauty of
> open source, different focus brings different results.
Yes,
mobility is important for us too - except we (mainly) work with Symbian
mobiles (in the current) with SSH (PuTTY s60, s80 etc.) and/or web (i.e. Opera
s60).

This means a typical "suitable" solution which provides "platform independent
remote management" offers console based operation (CLI) or - if "necessary" -
a clean and plain web GUI without "oversized" stuff like Java, Flash and
ideally works without Javascript too (even if most mobile browsers provides
JS).

Just my two cents...

cheers,

Niels.

--

---

  Niels Dettenbach
  ---
  Syndicat IT&Internet
  http://www.syndicat.com
  T.-Muentzer.-Str. 2, 37308 Heilbad Heiligenstadt - DE
  ---
  Kryptoinfo:
  PGP public key ID 651CA20D
  Fingerprint: 55E0 4DCD B04C 4A49 1586  88AE 54DC 4465 651C A20D
  https://syndicat.com/pub_key.asc
  ---